Comprehensive deceased identity detection
Identity fraud used to commit offences such as computer misuse, sexual offences, probate fraud and most commonly financial fraud is the fastest growing crime in the UK. In order to help assist organisations combat these crimes The National Deceased Register have launched their deceased Identity detection service, Monitor.
Establishing the true scale of the cost of identity based fraud in the Uk is far from simple to calculate, but known costs were estimated in 2013 at £15.5 billion. with unknown costs reaching up to £36.5 billion.
- Our records date back to the year 2001, providing over 5.1 million corroborated records (as of Q1 2016)
- The National Deceased Register is the only suppression file that has been scrutinised by the ICO for compliance purposes
- 30% of the records added to NDR each month are unique and never appear on any other deceased suppression file
- All records on NDR undergo a multi stage corroboration process to ensure high levels of accuracy
- An average of 40,000 new records are identified and added to the file each month
- NDR captured over 90% of all UK deaths in 2015
- Each deceased record held within the NDR contains the following information: Title, First Name, Middle Initial, Surname, Address Line, Postcode, and Date Added to the File
NDR Monitor is now available under a separate licence for use in fraud and identity detection searches. NDR Monitor provides the most comprehensive and accurate deceased identification file available with over 30% of the records held on the file being unique and never appearing on any other deceased file.
All records contained on NDR Monitor undergo a multistage corroboration process in order to obtain a highly accurate file and the NDR file is the only file to have undergone scrutiny by the ICO for compliance.Establishing the true scale of the cost of identity based fraud in the UK is far from simple to calculate, but known costs were estimated in 2013 at £15.5 billion. with unknown costs reaching up to £36.5 billion